Calling all playwrights! Submissions are now open for the Living on the Edge, a 10-minute play festival hosted by Actors’ Theatre Grand Rapids.
Anyone based in Michigan can submit a script of a 10-minute play focused on the year’s theme: “(un)breakable.” Submissions are open until Feb. 5, 2018 and can be found on the theater’s website.
A panel of judges will narrow it down to 10-15 scripts for a public read. Then, it will be narrowed down to five winners whose plays will debut in June 2018.
For those interested in submitting, below is the following criteria:
- Michigan-based author
- Submitted as a PDF, and must be saved as "playtitle_authorname"
- 1 single-page cover page with title and author's name and contact information
- First page of script (after cover page) must include title and NO author information (all scripts are judged anonymously)
- Play is 10 minutes
- Is centered around the theme "[un]breakable"
- High-quality writing
- Submitted by 8 a.m. on Feb. 5, 2018
The free public reading of the top 10 scripts will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on April 7, 2018 at Spectrum Theatre. The final performances of the top five scripts will take place June 6-9, 2018 at Spectrum Theater’s black box performance space. Tickets are $10.