There is no question that West Michigan loves its foods and beverages and since 2008, the Grand Rapids International Wine, Beer & Food Festival has been satisfying appetites… tens of thousands of them! This culinary celebration is considered the largest and best in the Midwest as a kickoff to the holiday season and you’re invited to the party (November 19-20) at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids.
This festival provides countless immersive experiences where guests can learn about the unique nuances of wine, beer, cider, mead and spirits taught by industry experts. Would you expect anything less in “Beer City USA” and the “Craft Beverage Capital of the U.S.”?
Where else can you sip Dom Perignon or Opus 1 (for a fraction of the $300 per bottle price) as part of an Elite Collection experience? Aisle after aisle is brimming with wines of all styles and colors from across the globe as well as from right here in our own home state of Michigan.
Even award-winning author (and one-time connoisseur of the finest things in life) Ernest Hemingway said “Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing.” We couldn’t agree more!
The area’s top chefs are also on hand, dishing out ideas and recipes for their favorite seasonal, holiday and entertaining menus from the demonstration stage. Meanwhile, local restaurants serve up mouth-watering small plates as well as multi-course pairings which are not to be missed for an elevated festival experience.
Over the years, we’ve hosted award-winning chefs, authors, fourth-generation winemakers, media personalities, esteemed educators and “The Bachelor” who have each made this festival a one-of-a-kind experience. Even Forbes.com ranked the Grand Rapids International Wine, Beer & Food Festival as one of a dozen “Fall Wine Festivals in North America You Don’t Want to Miss” in 2019—one of only two U.S. events listed not held on the West Coast.
Not a foodie? No worries…this night on the town is meant for both experienced culinarians as well as those who simply want to spend time with family or friends in an entertaining and educational setting (while eating and drinking until your heart’s content). Flying solo? You’re sure to find new friends while strolling from one world-class epicurean space to another.
Highlights of the festival once again include:
• The Vineyard – featuring wines of all styles and colors from around the world.
• Hemingway Hall – showcasing craft spirits and cocktails from Michigan’s finest distilleries.
• Beer City Station – highlighting the many flavors and styles of the craft brewing world.
• Cider Row – focusing on the growing hard ciders made locally and beyond.
• RendezBREW – encompassing the cordials and coffees paired with desserts and other delicious nightcap offerings.
• Small Plates – bite-sized samples from area restaurants.
• Pairings – intimate settings for food and beverage pairings, for an added cost.
• Live Music – because you need something to please your ears as well as your palate!
For more information and tickets, visit GRWineFestival.com.